THE VENERABLE ARCHDEACON KEITH NATHANIEL CARTWRIGHT
M.Sc.Ed. (Hons), B.A. (Hons), Dip.Th.S. (Hons), J.P
From St. John’s College, Cartwright went off to Cordrington College in Barbados to test his vocation. While at Cordrington, Cartwright was an active student, serving as the Head of the College’s Student Body. From Cordrington, Cartwright would receive his Diploma in Theological Studies with Honours. It is fitting to note that while at Cordrington, Cartwright was also enrolled at The University of The West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados where he also obtained a Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Theology with Honours in 1980. After obtaining his diploma and Bachelor’s Degree, Cartwright entered Graduate School in 1980 at the University of Miami. In 1982, he obtained his Masters of Science Degree in Education from the University.
On June 18th, 1981, Cartwright was ordained to the Diaconate at his home Church, St. Agnes Anglican Church by the late Rt. Rev. Bishop Michael Hartley Eldon, Diocesan Bishop. On June 24th, 1982, (The Feast of St. John The Baptist), Cartwright was ordained Priest at Christ Church Cathedral (Nassau). Since becoming an Anglican priest, Archdeacon Cartwright has served in numerous capacities which include the following:
- Served to assist in the establishment of the Church of the Ascension in Lucaya- Grand Bahama along Cannon Eric Sam from 1980-1981.
- Served to assist The Venerable Archdeacon Foster B. Pestiana at Christ the King Church in Freeport, Grand Bahama.
- Served as Teacher, Assistant Chaplain and later Chaplain at the then Freeport (Anglican) High School from 1980-1984.
- Served as Rector of St. Andrew’s Parish in Exuma and Parish Priest of the Church of the Holy Innocents- Ragged Island from 1984-1992
- Rural Dean of the South Central Bahamas (1985-1992)
- Archdeacon of the Northern Bahamas (1992-1996)
- Served as Rector of Christ the King Parish Freeport, Grand Bahama from (1992-1998)
- Archdeacon of the Southern Bahamas, including the Turks and Caicos Islands (1998- Present)
- Served as Rector of St. Christopher’s Church, Lyford Cay, New Providence (1998-2019)
- Parish Priest of St. Agnes Anglican Church (2019- Present)